Monday, November 3, 2014

Post Halloween Clearance Finds


This is my first post in November and now I can officially say...

We'll be home for Christmas next month!!! The flights have been booked and the packing pile is steadily growing.

When home, one of my favorite past times, is shopping with my mom. Any day we are free, we are shopping. Don't get me wrong... we are by no means, big spenders but quite the opposite, we are shoppers who have an eye for purchasing with a song . If shopping were a sport, I think we could compete with the best of them. 

In honor of my upcoming trip home, I thought it only appropriate that I share some great Halloween Clearance finds!




My absolute favorite fall candle sent is "Leaves" from Bath and Body Works. Years ago my mom and I both fell in love with the smell. There were a couple of years where "Leaves" wasn't out for the season but now it's back and I'm so happy! Right now the Mason Jar candles are 2 for $20 plus an additional 20% off code when buying online. That's like 80 hours of "Leaves" filling the fall air for only $16!


This glittery Halloween tree is only $6 at Kohl's marked down from $20. It is over a foot tall and over a foot wide. Wouldn't it be perfect to hang Tootsie Roll ghosts from the black branches?



This batty fork and spoon set from Pottery Barn Kids is my absolute favorite find! When it comes to decorating for Halloween, I mostly use orange and black with fun, not scary, images. Seeing these little forks for small hands is already making me think about calling over my niece and nephew for a special Halloween lunch! These are a steal at $2.99 and something I most likely will add to my cart.


At Pottery Barn Kids in the same collection is this set of 4 tumblers. The cups are BPA free and hold 10 ounces of liquid that are perfect for little hands. I love how each cup has it's own Halloween design. These tumblers just look like classic Halloween. Right now they are marked at $5.99 down from $10 for a set of two. (Not quite 50% off yet) I'm not purchasing these tumblers yet but might if they become marked down further. 

Pottery Barn also has matching plates for the collection I featured above. However, they are currently marked at $27 a piece. Yes, I know the plates are personalized but I still can't justify that price. I feel like our china salad plates were somewhere around that price for one. So instead, I found these similar paper plates from Party City for $5.30. Don't they match the forks, spoons, and tumblers perfectly? Now if only these plates were biodegradable...

Check out this tombstone chalkboard server! I have never seen a serving piece like this until Crate and Barrel combined two of my favorite things; Halloween and cheese. Husband and I love entertaining in our home so this would be a perfect piece. Husband says we have a TON of cheese boards so sadly I'm sitting this one out. The website says quantities are limited and at $7.47 I think these will be gone soon! 

*By the way: Is that really a blue cheese on the board? It looks more like a herbed cream. 




Ah, Williams Sonoma how I miss you and that glorious scent every time I step into your store. From September all the way up until Christmas I indulge in way more seasonal baking than I should. This month I've got Peanut Butter Reeses Pieces Cookies, Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pumpkin Bread, Sweet Potato Pie, and of course a Pumpkin Pie all planned out for November. I think I need to add this pumpkin cake pan to my collection. It's on sale for $28.99 which is a decent price for a quality Nordic Ware piece. And...you can still use it this season since it is not specific to Halloween. 


I also thought this kid's apron was adorable from Williams Sonoma. It's marked down to $14.99 and would be perfect when baking fall goodies with your little one. But like I always do...now I'm thinking "I could make that."  I think the mummy and Frankenstein scrappers add a nice touch to this jack-o-lantern!



Aren't these Halloween pajamas adorable? I love the orange top paired with the black and white striped pants. Then those grey cuffs... aw, too cute! This pair is more than half off from Janie and Jack at just $17.99 slashed from $39.99! That is such a great deal because I am finding pieces at Target and Carters for the close the same sale amount. 


Speaking of Carter's, this Halloween t-shirt is just $4.99 right now! Time to buy a size up and store for next Halloween! This shirt is found under "Boy's" but I think it could be paired with a cute black skirt and striped tights just as easily for a girl. In fact, I sense a skirt project coming on! Better check what size my little niece is currently wearing!


I have no idea why, but all three clothing options I picked were for boys. The boy items seemed more classic and I thought a lot of the girl items I found in different stores were pretty cheesy. This adorable raccoon trick or treater is online at Gymboree $6.59. I think this is a fantastic deal for a t-shirt with appliqués and embroidery!

Halloween is such a fun holiday with the unique decorating, baking ideas, and costumes. I find the after holiday sales really get my creativity going thinking about next year. It's never too early to stock up on some new items! Now that November is here, it is time to switch gears and enjoy a little fall weather and prepare for Thanksgiving. 


Did anyone else enjoy some after Halloween sales this year?

Do you buy a size or two up and save things until next year for your littles?

Welcome to November,

1 comment:

  1. I love stocking up on candles like that!!
    The pumpkin pan from Williams Sonoma is awesome! I think I need to add something like that to my WS collection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments! I enjoy reading each and every one.